Thursday, June 14, 2012

Vacation Menu Planning


So it is well know that I love to find a good deal, well my husband decided this year that we were going to take a two week vacation at the beach.  When we go on vacation we like to enjoy things that we may not normally have.  So as I was preparing for the vacation, I decided to see if I could still stick within our food budget, yet do the vacation thing!  I am excited to say that this was achieved, I was able to plan and purchase our menu for under $200.  We will be going out to dinner one night and also get those oh so yummy Crabs another night!  I also build in a couple leftover nights towards the end of each week.

The biggest helper in this mission, was to plan for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.  Now I put on my paper on specific days, but that was only to make sure I had each day covered.  I have used this Planner for awhile and love it, since it has a shopping list on the side.  I am not particular to what we eat, when, I just wanted to make sure we had it available.  I asked the family what things they would love to have on vacation, then I was on the lookout for deals to make this happen.

For our two week vacation we will have the following:

Breakfasts
Cereal
Belgian Waffles
Pancakes
Eggs
Baked Oatmeal
Bacon, Scrapple, Sausage
Pop tarts
Juice
Fruit - Strawberries, Bananas, Honeydew

Lunches
Pizza Roll-ups
Quesadillas
Nutella Sandwiches
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Peanut Butter and Banana Wraps
Ham Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
Caprese Salad
Fruits - Apples
Veggies - Cucumbers, Celery, and Carrots

Snacks
Granola Bars
Cinnamon Grenades
Pudding
Fruit - Watermelon
Heath Bar Cookies
Popcorn
Cheese Sticks
Soft Pretzels
Chips

Dinners
Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, Mandarin Oranges
London Broil, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Momma Sheffe's Green Beans
Hot Dog/Hamburgers, Corn, Deviled Eggs
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Mr. P's Pasta, Nina's Sauce, Salad
Cheese and Red Pepper Pizza
Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
Cheeseburger Salad
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps


No comments:

Post a Comment