When I first was a stay at home mom, I was trying to find the best pizza dough recipe so we didn't have to spend crazy amounts on delivery, since pizza night is a weekly event. I have tried many different recipes and found one that tastes good, not only our opinion but others I have made the pizza for as well. I have a Kitchen Aid mixer, so just do steps 1 - 4 in my mixer with the dough hook. This recipe makes dough for one 12 inch pizza. Our favorite toppings are red bell pepper, plain cheese, sausage or pepperoni.
1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
1 envelope yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
3 tablespoons oil
Pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese
1. Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil.
2. Mix together until well blended; about 1 minute
3. Add ½ cup flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed, to handle.
4. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky.
5. Knead on floured surface.
6. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
7. Roll dough to a 12-inch circle and transfer to greased pizza pan
8. Top as desired with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings