Sunday, September 5, 2010

September Cooking Day - The Planning Phase

I have planned my cooking day for tomorrow, however I have made a bit of a change.  Since all of us are off tomorrow I wanted to spend part of the day with the family.  Therefore, I will do a little bit tomorrow and the rest I will be doing in the evenings since my husband will be away on a retreat.  It will give me something to do in the evenings after the kids go to bed. 

Here is my spreadsheet.  I do this each time so I can make sure I have all the items on hand before starting the day.  I go down each recipe and put the ingredients on the left side and the recipe on the top.  Then I total it to right for each ingredient.  I wanted to try some new things this time, so I have been gathering some recipes for the last month.  I thought it was interesting to see them have very similar ingredients, which made for easy planning.

On my list for this cooking day will be:

Chicken Tetrazinni
Breakfast Burritos
Southwest Roll-ups
Cheesy Broccoli & Rice w/Chicken
Homemade Oatmeal Packets

No comments:

Post a Comment