Monday, March 19, 2012

Yummo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I came across this recipe from Money Saving Mom awhile ago.  When I made them, they were a huge hit in our household.  I package them, if using them right away, in a gallon sized Ziploc and place in the fridge.  We just grab one out and enjoy.  I also have made them mini-muffins and place 4 in a bag for the kids as a quick breakfast or snack. They freeze great as well! I was a bit concerned with the amount of oil that went into the recipe, so I make it by substituting the oil with unsweetened applesauce.  Next time I think I might not use the sugar, since it is a lot as well and see how they turn out.  But here ya go...

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (16oz.) can pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups oil (I use 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened applesauce)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth.  Add in dry ingredients and mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Makes 24-30 regular sized muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment