Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back on CVS train...saving $17.02

I haven't been doing CVS for awhile, only because my stockpile was well stocked.  Unlike the Extreme Couponing show on TLC, I only plan to keep a 6 month supply.  Some things I may stock more of, based on free deals, but typically only 6 months.  Since certain things were getting low and deals were here this week I jumped back in.

Unfortunately, I messed myself up by not cutting the Tide coupon back in December.  I really had not seen any great deals on Tide so I wasn't cutting, but I have learned my lesson!  If you will ever use a product, cut the coupon because just when you think you won't need it a deal will come about!

Tide HE was on sale for $5.97, there is a $1/1 Tide Detergent 12/26/2010 P&G Insert, making it $4.97 which is a $4 savings off the regular price.

Colgate Toothpaste on sale for $2.99 and you earn 1 ECB - $1/1 Colgate Total Toothpaste 1/16/2011 SS Insert = FREE!  You can buy and get up to 2 ECB

Therefore, my total tonight broke down $5.97 + $2.99 + 2.99 - $1 coupon - $1 coupon - 10 ECB =
-$0.05 + $0.72 tax = $0.67

You can't get any better than that especially if you minus out the 2ECB earned, they paid me $.

If you are new to CVS ECB = Extra Care Bucks which print at the end of your transaction to be used on a future order.  If you work it right you can pay for one order then carryover ECB to the next orders that have ECB and basically not pay anything out of pocket with the subsequent orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment