Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Example of Grocery Trip



Like I said in my previous post, I like to look at the circular and pair with coupons for your best deal. The great thing about stockpiling, is you can take advantage of great deals and not worrying about not having food for the week. My pantry, freezer and fridge are always loaded. See below for some examples of some items in the photo.

Corn Flakes 3.29 - $1 coupon = 2.29/box
All the other cereals $2 - $1 coupon = $1/box
Quaker Oats on sale for $1.50
Aunt Jemima was on sale for $1.50 - .50 (doubled due to store policy) = .50/pkg.
Raspberries $1.99
Yoplait Yogurt $2.00 - $1 coupon = $1/pkg.
Marshmallows $1.50 - .50 coupon (doubled due to store policy) = .50/pkg.
Almonds $1.15
Milk $1.98

The last two items were not on sale, but needed. The great thing about having a price list is you can see if something is a really good price. For example, the almonds. They rarely go on sale and run between $2-3. When I came across them at Giant Eagle, I noticed they lowered their price, compared with my list and realized it was a good deal. So I bought some to have on hand. Marshmallows are not something I usually buy, but they were on sale AND the kiosk had a coupon. I recently had bought some rice crispies on sale for .50/box. I never had seen strawberry flavored, so I figured this would be a nice treat for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment